We will be traveling on the current from Hammersley Inlet to Hope and back. Bring snacks, water, and whatever you think you'll need for 6 hours (storm cag, warm clothes, etc., ) . Skill Level II/III.
Launch 9AM sharp
from Walker Park (2400 SE Walker Park Road, Shelton )
so we can hit the max ebb near Libby Point. Plan on a leisurely hike or circumnavigation of Hope Island during lunch while we wait for the current to change.
Must have dry suit and self rescue. I also want you to show up prepared to answer the following questions:
1. Name a good take-out point near Hope Island (for emergency)
2. Time of max ebb, slack, and max flood
3. What chart would you use (and bring it so we can identify various landmarks).
Note: A future trip, with a bit later start on the max ebb will be from Jacoby Park (across from Walker Park) to Jarrell Cove. In order to do it this trip, we would need to launch by 8:30AM and set up a shuttle before then.
Bonus: If you can tell me what day in June would be the fastest day (max ebb/flood) to run this trip, you get a prize.